Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 1: The ugly truth

My husband and I went out last night, as I had hoped we would. I tried to get as much debauchery out of my system as I could before today. I think it may have worked, at least for the time being.

Here's my moment-of-truth revelation. It hurts to put this info here, but it's a good way to ensure that I stay on the straight and narrow.

Weight: 199.4, as of this morning. I must have a lot of compact fat, since I can still manage to shove myself into a size 14 or 16.

Blood pressure: 127/80. Not completely horrendous, but not as good as it has been in the past.

Cholesterol: 231, as previously reported.

I have a BMI of 31.2, which puts me in the "obese" range. NOT cool. I've got to stay on track so that I can break out of this rut into which I've fallen.

I didn't exercise today, although I had planned to do so. It's been a rather stressful day...and not, may I add, due to my dietary/lifestyle changes. I have, however, made it through the day without smoking. And honestly, at the present moment, the urge to smoke isn't very strong. It probably will be after another few days, but I'll cross that bridge when I must.

So there it is--the truth of how out of shape I have become. The good news, though, is that I'm extremely stubborn, and I don't like to admit defeat or failure. I can do this. I will do this. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment